UM-Flint Creative Update | April 2010

Month Requested Completed Cancelled % for Completions # of Departments
April, 2010 23 18 1 78% 10

April was a month filled with new identities for various areas at UM-Flint. The UM-Flint catalog received a new and refreshed look, designed by our newest temporary staff member, Joyce ElHayek. Joyce just graduated with her Fine Arts degree from UM-Flint and we are proud to call her one of our own. University Relations also supplied the University Bookstore and Events and Building Services with some long-awaited designs for new UM-Flint merchandise. The UMFIND nursing program has a new and more professional look that will give more credibility to the program and the department.

The recruitment offices around campus are gearing up for  fall, which means University Relations is knee deep in strategizing, branding, writing, designing, and maximizing. If you have a project coming up and you’d like to sit down and talk to the UR team about it, now is definitely better than later. We make every effort to meet departments’ deadlines and needs, but there are times when we have to prioritize and refer people to other vendors based on timelines and lack of resources. Under the Resources section of our website, we list approved vendors to guide you to the appropriate alternatives.

Now onto the fun stuff… Trends! One of the most-asked questions I get is how I find my inspiration and trends. To be honest, a lot of it is by accident, because I’m constantly seeking it out. So this month, I thought I would share some of my favorite sources of inspiration and trends and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do…

Andrea Yinger
Creative Manager