Responsibilities of the Faculty (to demonstrate good stewardship of the governance system):
1) All Lec III, IV, and tenure-stream faculty should attend Governing Faculty meetings hosted by Faculty Council. Lec. IIIs are typically extended voting rights after 1 year of Lec. III status.
2) All Lec III, IV, and tenure-stream faculty should attend their college or school’s governing faculty meetings. Lec. IIIs are typically extended voting rights after 1 year of Lec. III status.
3) LEO faculty should attend the LEO meetings.
4) Volunteer to be elected to committees as appropriate.
5) Help your colleagues maintain faculty oversight of and input on academic matters by using your faculty vote to defend the preservation of academic freedom and to keep academic matters in the hands of the faculty.
6) Defend what should be under faculty purview and areas delegated by the Regents to the faculty.
Read your AAUP Redbook for the most up-to-date policies in higher education on governance and academic freedom.
Order your Redbook at: https://jhupbooks.press.jhu.edu/content/policy-documents-and-reports\\
Consult the Regents Bylaws on faculty responsibilities in governance.