Governance Bodies or Organizations that represent your interests as Faculty:
1) Senate Assembly (Ann Arbor): https://facultysenate.umich.edu/
Current UM-Flint elected member (tenured): Dr. John Ellis
Note: The site includes minutes of Senate meetings in Ann Arbor.
2) SACUA and its elected committees (Ann Arbor): https://facultysenate.umich.edu/
3) Faculty Council and university-wide elected standing committees (UM-Flint)
See also ‘Organizations’ when you login to Blackboard with your UM-Flint LAN password.
Chairs and members of Standing Committees:
4) Your School or College’s Executive Committee: See your Dean’s office website for meeting agendas and minutes.
5) Your School or College’s assembly of governing faculty and your unit’s elected standing committees: See your Dean’s office website or Blackboard for ‘organizations.’
6) Your Department’s Executive Committee (most departments at UM-Flint do not have standing executive or curriculum committees), and any other academic unit standing committees in your department: Typically important departmental resources will be on a special departmental drive. Ask your administrative assistant for guidance.
7) Faculty Ombudsman for UM-Flint: Dr. Tom Wrobel (email@example.com)
8) UM-FLINT AAUP!! Contact officers Sarah Lippert, Jamile Lawand, Murali Mani or Jerry Sanders for assistance or more info.
The AAUP participates in advocacy for full and part-time faculty on campus. If you need advice or assistance with a professional conflict or circumstance please feel free to contact AAUP officers. Whether as a confidential or active support request, the officers below are able to provide feedback and assistance as requested.
Jerry Sanders: firstname.lastname@example.org, 762-3041
Jamile Lawand: email@example.com, 762-3370
Murali Mani: firstname.lastname@example.org, 762–3131
9) Campus-wide grievance appeal committee (consult the Provost’s website and UM-Flint Faculty Code for policies).
10) Your College or School’s grievance appeal committees (consult your unit’s website). Consult your School or College faculty codes for grievance procedures within these faculties.