The End is Near

When I started my last semester, I still felt like I had all the time in the world. I hadn’t even started my senior Honors thesis yet and nothing about graduation was popping up in my inbox or mailbox. In just two months, I’ve started and finished my thesis, become a Maize and Blue Recipient, and am attending the College of Arts and Sciences’ Graduation Celebration. Woah. When did I stop being a freshman deciding to join a sorority and become this adult having to make big decisions and being in friends’ weddings? You know you’re getting old when people  you know are getting married.

Freshman Year

Wedding Photo

When you’re a freshman or a sophomore it feels like you’re never going to leave. I still feel that way. That once I cross that stage during commencement I’ll still be coming back the next semester. I don’t think it will really sink in until the new year rolls around, and I no longer have to study for a test. I’m already aware of how hard it is going to be to let go. Maybe that’s why my future goals and career goals have changed this last semester. I no longer want to work in advertising, bur want to work in higher education marketing.

So as I continue to feel nostalgic, enjoy your time here. Maybe it’s not where you thought you would end up, but it’s where you’re at. Make the most of it before it’s gone and you can’t have it back again. Meet new people and do something you never thought you would.