Graduate Programs

Blogs from students, faculty & staff

Welcome back to the Office of Graduate Programs Graduate Student Spotlight! This week, we’re shining a light on Master of Public Administration student Tiffanny Walsh Dellheim! Tiffanny is an online student with a busy schedule. She enjoys participating in her synchronous classes, feeling that they bring her closer together with her classmates and professors, even if she hasn’t had the chance to visit campus in person yet. Tiffanny is extremely dedicated to her program and her personal life, a devoted family member that has dreamed of completing her Master’s education for quite some time. Thank you for participating in the Spotlight, Tiffanny! As usual, we asked her a couple of questions, and here’s what she had to say for her fellow students:

What’s Your Favorite Part of Your Graduate Program?

The synchronous online courses. It makes me feel like I can fully participate with my professors and my classmates while being home. Without them, I wouldn’t be able to participate as I live an hour away and my work hours would mean I’d be late for in-person classes or getting home really late. 

Any Advice for Other Students?

Ask for help from  your advisor or student services when you need it. Everyone here wants to see you succeed. My husband needs a kidney transplant and uses a wheelchair. I work full-time, go to grad school part time, and also I need accommodations through DASS to fully participate in my courses.  It’s hard work, but I know it’s worth it. My first term was hard because I didn’t know about the resources available, but I found them over the summer and everything is now in place. Never give up on your dreams, even if it took you 20 years to get to them!