UM-FLINT through my EYES

Hi everyone,

My name is Omotolani Alli, but people call me Tolani or T for short. I’m sure you are wondering by now where the name originated from. Well, raised in Lagos, Nigeria at the time my parents had three boys and had been longing for a girl, so they had a fourth child. Back in the day you could not know the gender of the baby until it was born, so they had me and named me Omotolani, which means “wealth has come and its here to stay.”

Images just showing some of the things I’m about.

I’ve been blessed to have the experience of both worlds, having lived and schooled in different continents which I know has played a major role in the way I relate, communicate, and associate with people of different backgrounds and origins. University of Michigan-Flint has been my home away from home. The knowledge, friendships, education, relationships, growth, development, and opportunities have been nothing but remarkable.

I’m a Pre-Medical Health Sciences student, senior status, in hopes of becoming an Oncologist one day.  I’ve been involved in so many organizations and activities throughout my college experience from Campus Activities Board (CAB) to Student Government to Black Student Union and African Students Association and so much more. My first advice to any incoming college student would be to get involved on the UM-Flint campus and in your community because it definitely broadens your horizon and the knowledge you gain is priceless. In the three years I’ve spent at the university, student life has been a great deal of help to me because I have been fortunate to meet different students with diverse backgrounds, and we have all been able to learn a thing or two from each other.

I would love to share some things about myself. I love photography—I’m practically married to my Canon camera. I’m always excited when I capture memories, especially college memories because we all know those are the memories we want to have forever. Over the course of the next year you are probably going to see me taking different pictures at events with my camera. Pictures are my own way of relation because they can have 20,000 different meanings. I have so much to share with you all. I’m looking forward to documenting my college experience and sharing tips as we begin a new school year. Stay tuned for so much more. Make sure to stop by and say “hi” if you see me on campus.