The Healthcare Administration Student Organization (HASO) is calling for nominations for 2013-14 officers. If you are a UM-Flint student in a healthcare administration major or concentration, Please click here to nominate yourself or someone else for an officer position. Elections will take place online after the nominations are collected. The deadline for nominations is July 1st, 2013. You may nominate yourself or someone else for multiple positions.
- President of HASO: responsible for arranging the HASO meeting schedule, inviting guest speakers for up to 3 public lectures per semester, and planning meetings and events. Oversees and delegates administrative tasks such as meeting arrangements, membership roster maintenance, and group communications. Communicates regularly with faculty advisors. Communicates effectively with HASO members. Must register the organization with Student Life before the start of the school year.
- Co-President of HASO: Handles/Promotes ACHE Congress, which takes place in Chicago, IL: distributes and collects applications and assists with travel arrangements. Works with the President and officers to plan HASO activities. Assists the president with arranging the HASO meeting schedule. Has the option to sit on the board of directors for the GLACHE, which requires attending board 2-3 board meetings via teleconference, and one face-to-face meeting (typically held in Grand Rapids).
- Vice President: Responsible for fundraising, which includes brainstorming fundraiser ideas with other officers, setting dates and times for fundraising events and organizing fundraising activities. Handles fundraising for Relay for Life (which takes places once a year on campus) by advertising the event, setting up online accounts for member donations, and distributing recognitions of donation certificates.
- Secretary: Responsible for administrative duties such as taking meeting minutes, making room reservations, updating documents such as membership applications and agendas, and making announcements on Blackboard and Facebook.
- Treasurer: Responsible for collecting membership dues and depositing funds into the student account in the University Center. Assists president with maintaining membership roster.
To nominate yourself or someone else for an officer position, please click here. You may nominate yourself or someone else for multiple positions. Nominees must be students in a UM-Flint healthcare administration major or concentration.
Elections will take place in July via a secure, democratic online voting system. Once elected, officers will meet with Zoë Lazar Hale, who will provide instructional documents and answer questions about University process as related to specific positions.