The end of September is near, so you know what that means! The Michigan Writing Center Association (MiWCA) will be having its 23rd Annual ideas Exchange Conference soon! We know that you are just as excited as we are, so we have compiled a quick list of ways to prepare for the festivities!
- Mark your calendar. October 20 is coming up quick, so set aside some time that day to journey to Flint, MI and hang out with some of the coolest people in the entire state. You should have already done this months ago! What are you waiting for?
- Register! The registration rates are $10 for high school tutors, $20 for college/university tutors, and $50 for Writing Center Administrators and Professionals. This is relatively cheap since the cost includes breakfast and lunch, so you are basically getting the bargain of a lifetime. Register here to avoid long lines the morning of the conference.
- Submit a proposal. Great news! The deadline for submitting a proposal has been pushed back one week from September 23, 2018 to September 30, 2018! That means you have more time to come up with an amazing idea for a workshop, presentation, panel, or round table discussion! By submitting a proposal, you are allowing your voice to be heard and engaging in the state’s exciting conversation of WC happenings. To submit a proposal, click here and share your thoughts on this year’s topic: “Writing Center Myths, Facts, and Fables: The Stories that Surround Us.”
- Make the necessary travel accommodations. Do you know how to get here? Do you know where you will stay? Do you know where to park? These are all very important questions when considering attending a very important event such as the MiWCA conference. Lucky for you, we have all this information and more right on the 2018 conference website. To find out more click here. We will also include this informational site about the fun things to do in our area as a bonus! Click here to learn more about Flint and all the greatness it has to offer.
- Be ready to learn! The most important part of the MiWCA conference is learning about the different Writing Centers around our state. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to gain knowledge about some of Michigan’s finest Writing Centers. As an added bonus, this year’s conference is being held at UM Flint, home of the always charming Marian E. Wright Writing Center. Take a chance to learn more about this awesome center and the staff by clicking here to take a virtual cruise around our website, or ‘Like’ us on Facebook here!