Consider Supporting Social Work Scholarship on Giving Blueday

Samantha V

UM-Flint student Samantha Vondeling

December 1, 2015 is Giving Blueday and the perfect day to support funds that help students and programs throughout the School of Education and Human Services! Every online donation really does make a difference.

The SEHS Alumni Scholarship for Social Work is one giving option that helps students pursuing a career in social work. Established through the generosity of Social Work alumni and friends, this endowed scholarship supports Social Work majors with demonstrated volunteer service or job experience in the social work field.

UM-Flint Social Work student Samantha Vondeling, who received the scholarship this fall, reflects on how it has impacted her.

How has the scholarship helped you to succeed at UM-Flint?

“The scholarship helped pay for some of my schooling. As a college student it is extremely difficult to make ends meet sometimes. It was a blessing to be given a scholarship in my senior year. It helped me succeed by giving me the confidence to carry on in my college career because someone believed in me.”

What are your future plans?

“My plans for the future are to go to graduate school at Wayne State for Infant Mental Health where I will be working with families and services.”