New Beginnings

Wow it is crazy how time flies!!!! I can’t believe classes begin in the next couple of days and I am happy to finish the last phase of my college career. Its been a long journey with so many experiences and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love the Fall semester because of the weather, and the opportunity to meet new people. I am really excited to see what it has in store because a lot has changed on campus over the past four months.

I spent my summer working at the Genesee County Health Department implementing and evaluating programs. One of the projects we have coming up is the “Get Out & Move Health Fair.” This saturday at the Atwood Stadium, if you have nothing doing you are welcome to join us at 10:30am- 3pm. I also had a lot of meetings on campus and I had the opportunity to be involved in a search committee which opened me up to a lot of experiences.

Overall this summer was very productive. I look forward to this semester filled with great opportunities. My advice to incoming freshmen is that you should make the best of every opportunity that you have. The university has a lot to offer and those who benefit from it are those who take advantage of it. I hope you enjoyed the Michigan game on Saturday and you have a wonderful first week of classes. Looking forward to seeing you all on campus.

Go Blue!

Tolani