Thankful

Hello everyone,

I hope everything is going well with you all! I know the feeling we are all getting around this time, and we can’t wait for Thanksgiving break to be here. I attended a motivational forum over the weekend and a story was told. It goes like this:

Dad: Son, things have been hard for me this year and I cannot provide the Christmas gifts that you want. It has just been really hard.

Son: Dad, I understand, but I want to thank you for all the gifts and the wonderful Christmases you have given in the past. I really want to thank you for being a great father and for working hard everyday to provide for me and the family. I just want to let you know that I love you and appreciate you.

The dad thought to himself and said, ” I’m going to do everything I can to get all the gifts my son wants this year.”

The moral of the story is that we should always be grateful no matter the circumstance, no matter the challenge, because we lived to fight another day and we are blessed with the essentials of live.

I was so thankful to be in the midst of students, faculty, and staff who participated, donated, and volunteered in the Mrs. Lula M. Hurse Happy Holiday Give-Away spear-headed by our Student Life Director Jessie Hurse. The goal of the Food Drive was to donate 150 turkeys to 150 families. I was just in awe of how the University of Michigan- Flint students, faculty and staff rallied around to help. They put away their Friday plans to be there, and of course Chancellor Person, Vice Chancellor Mary Jo Sekelsky, and Assistant Vice Chancellor Bill Webb  of our wonderful school were present and in full force. It was such a beautiful sight to see as everyone there did it with a smile and from the bottom of their hearts.

Here are some photographs from the remarkable day.

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving filled with joy, happiness, and God’s Blessings. Go Blue.

Tolani