THE HAGERMAN CENTER FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION
Established in fall of 2015, by Phil and Jocelyn Hagerman, The Hagerman Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (HCEI) is the heart of entrepreneurship within the School of Management and on the University of Michigan –Flint campus. The Center offers students opportunities to enrich their education with experiences that take them beyond the classroom. The Center activities will facilitate entrepreneurial and innovative skills to help graduates thrive and be successful.
The Hagerman Scholars are the face of entrepreneurship and innovation for the University and community. The program is a competitive student scholarship based on the student’s interest in entrepreneurship and innovation as well as their demonstrated ability to be accomplished academically. Students awarded this distinction will be expected to assist with Center activities, such as the Business Plan Competition and the High School Entrepreneurship Institute. Hagerman Scholars are expected to be involved with the Student Entrepreneurs Society and the Innovation Incubator. Hagerman Scholars will also serve as ambassadors for the Center through its various activities and outreach efforts.
The Hagerman Scholars will gain valuable experience working with Center related projects and with faculty who are teaching and conducting research in entrepreneurship and innovation. The Center will offer opportunities for the Hagerman Scholars to meet with community business leaders as they build a network of professional contacts.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree within the School of Management, with preference given to those majoring or minoring in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management.
- Applicants may be incoming freshman or continuing students.
- Applicants must include a statement describing their interest in entrepreneurship and how they will demonstrate a commitment to meeting the expectations associated with being a Hagerman Scholar.
- Applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- The School of Management Scholarship Committee will choose the recipients.