Graduate Programs

Blogs from students, faculty & staff

In a recent episode of the Victors in Grad School podcast, Dr. Dallas Anderson, a health scientist administrator at the National Institutes of Health, took listeners on a journey through his academic and professional experiences in epidemiological research, particularly focusing on Alzheimer’s disease. From his upbringing in Flint, Michigan, to pursuing advanced degrees at the University of Michigan, Dr. Anderson shares valuable insights about the influence of mentoring, the significance of choosing the right path in graduate education, and his dedication to making impactful contributions in the field of public health.

The Impact of Mentoring

Dr. Anderson’s story emphasizes the pivotal role of mentoring in shaping his academic and professional trajectory. Starting from his high school years, mentorship played a crucial part in his decision to pursue higher education, eventually leading him to embark on a journey in epidemiological research. His emphasis on the importance of finding a mentor resonates strongly with aspiring graduate students who may be navigating the complex landscape of advanced studies.

Choosing the Right Path in Graduate Studies

A standout point from Dr. Anderson’s conversation is the significance of defining success based on personal fulfillment rather than external metrics. This philosophy underscores the idea that the journey through graduate education is as important as the destination. Aspiring graduate students are encouraged to reflect on their passions and interests to ensure they choose a specific direction for their studies, one that aligns with their personal and professional aspirations.

The Role of University Environment and Faculty Support

Dr. Anderson’s positive experience at the University of Michigan Flint and the impact of the supportive faculty shed light on the vital role of academic environments in nurturing students’ growth. The dedication of faculty members to student success, coupled with a personalized educational setting, is pivotal in enhancing the overall graduate experience and fostering a sense of community among students and mentors alike.

Focusing on Personal Fulfillment and Mentorship Opportunities

Dr. Anderson’s extensive career in epidemiological research serves as a testament to the power of personal fulfillment and the profound impact of mentorship opportunities. Aspiring graduate students are encouraged to leverage these opportunities, define their own measures of success, and seek mentors who can guide and support their academic and professional development. The Impact of Dr. Anderson’s Research in Alzheimer’s Disease Dr. Anderson’s dedication to researching Alzheimer’s disease, particularly at a subclinical level and its connection to early life exposures, offers valuable insights into the complexities of neuroepidemiology. His work highlights the pressing need for comprehensive studies in this field and emphasizes the far-reaching implications of epidemiological research in public health.

Conclusion

Dr. Dallas Anderson’s conversation on the “Victors in Grad School” podcast provides a wealth of valuable insights for aspiring graduate students, early-career researchers, and public health enthusiasts. From the significance of mentorship and personal fulfillment to the impact of his research in Alzheimer’s disease, Dr. Anderson’s journey serves as an inspiring example of navigating success in graduate education and making meaningful contributions to the field of epidemiological research.

TRANSCRIPT

Dr. Christopher Lewis [00:00:01]:
Welcome to the Victor’s in Grad School, where we have conversations with students, alumni, and experts about what it takes to find success in graduate school.

Dr. Christopher Lewis [00:00:11]:
Welcome back to Victors in Grad School. I’m your host, doctor Christopher Lewis, Director of graduate programs at the University of Michigan Flint. Really excited to have you back again this week. As always, every week, I love being able to sit down with you, to talk to you, to Help you along this journey that you’re on as you look at graduate school for yourself. You might be at the very beginning just thinking about it, Trying to figure out if it’s the right step for you. You might be in graduate school. Maybe you just started and you’re you’re just figuring things out as you go along. Or You could be in the middle or toward the end looking at that light at the end of the tunnel and getting ready for that next step in your career, in your life As you prepare for the next step.

Dr. Christopher Lewis [00:00:56]:
And that’s what this show is all about. This show is all about helping you to find success in that journey that you are going on. So I’m really excited to be able to have you here today, to talk to you, to work with you as you go through that process. And Every week, I love being able to bring you different guests, different people that have gone before you, people that have gone to graduate school, have found success in many different ways, And are here to share that experience with you. Today, we got another great guest with us. Doctor Dallas Anderson is with us, and doctor Anderson is a health Scientist administrator that is working for the National Institutes of Health, doing epidemiological research on Alzheimer’s. And we’re gonna talk about some of that as well as learn more about his own experience. Dallas, thanks so much for being here today.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:01:47]:
My pleasure. Happy to be here, and thanks for inviting me.

Dr. Christopher Lewis [00:01:50]:
It is my pleasure. Really excited that you were willing to join us today. Now you did your undergraduate work a few years back, and at that time, you did your undergraduate work at the University of Michigan Flint. But at some point During that time in undergrad, you decided that you wanted to make that next step and you decided to To move on to get a master’s in public health, talk to me about what was going through your head, what was going through your mind, what were some of those reasons that you chose that you wanted to continue and go to graduate school.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:02:23]:
Well, I looked at the lifestyle of professors and people that have advanced education, and I kind of thought that that was for me. I actually have some health issues that were congenital. I was born with 1 kidney and had a heart condition. The heart condition was evaluated at the University of Michigan in hospital, and I grew up in by the way, I grew up in Flint. So my early years in preparing for college, all of that was all done in Flint And with the Flint Public School System, which at the time was really quite an a nifty place. And, of course, Flint was a prosperous Industrial city back when I was a child in 19 fifties and end of 19 sixties. So I was Fortunate to be there, but a lot of people in my time would simply graduate high school and go into the auto industry in the Flint area. I mean, at that time, it was really kind of a big thing in many factories, different kinds of factories and all that.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:03:24]:
Well, when I was an adolescent, I was taking a sports physical, and they picked up some funny readings in my my urine. I listened to my heart had some funny readings there, and the recommendation was that I should get evaluated for these things. And so I was. One workup was that the heart was investigated at the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor, and the other was to investigate kidney function, and that was done at Hurley Hospital in Flint. And the investigation of the kidney showed that I only had one, That I simply was born with 1 kidney, and they wanted to restrict my activities. So no tackle football, no wrestling, nothing that would really cause damage to that kidney. And for the heart issue, they consider it to be clinically Trivial, but they still advised that I stay away from things like full court basketball, and that disappointed me to some extent. But All of this affected my mother.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:04:25]:
My mother and father both were working in the auto industry. They had had some vocational training and stuff like that. My mother was convinced that I might not be strong enough to work in a job on the assembly line or something like that in the auto industry. So although she was not educated, she decided that I really needed to move in that direction, and so She was strongly pushing me, in fact, reminding me about my grades. And, you know, your grades are not up to it. And she kept saying the world doesn’t owe you a living. That was her thing, and I I don’t know. I like a dollar for every time I heard that from her.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:05:05]:
But so She was one of my strongest backers in going for college training that would just take me away from physical labor like you might have in the auto industry or something like that. So, actually, it suited my interest because I was not inclined to do that kind of thing anyway. I simply wanted to be educated. I wanted to have a liberal arts education to start with. That was my thought, that I would have a liberal arts education. And then at the graduate level, again, training that would lead to a profession of some kind. So that’s the way I I thought about it. Even as an undergraduate, I was thinking about, well, I could do this.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:05:46]:
I was thinking, well, what about medicine? Then looked up the course requirements and all that for medicine, dentistry. And actually, when I was in high school, I had gotten close to an economics teacher, and he was talking about the world of economics. And he had this friend that was a stock broker, and he got me together with his friend to talk about possibilities there. And actually, when I started at the U of M Flint, I was thinking I might major in business administration. But during that 1st year, you don’t really take courses in business administration. It sort of Started in your 2nd year. So meanwhile, I’m doing the liberal arts stuff, doing, you know, taking math and history, English, and all that. And by the end of my freshman year, professor Caldwell, who was the chairman of the math department, was trying to talk me into becoming a math major.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:06:40]:
And he was saying, well, look. You get into math, there are many ways you could go with that. You don’t necessarily have to be a teacher of math. Although it seemed attractive to me to be a teacher of math, and I decided, okay. I’m gonna be a math major, But I like biology too, and it turned out that I sort of warped the, you know, the whole thing with liberal education, You know, where you take this and this and this and this. Well, half of my credit hours as an undergraduate were in math and biology. I think it was 40 hours in math and 20 hours in biology. The biology, I sent me because I liked it.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:07:18]:
And then what happened was the summer between the junior and senior year, Something like that. I was teaching somebody to water ski. In Michigan, the lakes are there, A lot of boating and stuff. And, you know, in our family, we had this cottage on a lake in Northern Michigan, and we went there. We had a fishing boat, and we had a water skiing boat, and did a lot of water skiing. So one of our neighbors up there I knew the family, but I didn’t know everybody in the family, and She asked me to teach one of her sons to water ski, and I never encountered this son of hers Before, I knew some of the siblings, and it turned out that this guy was just completing his PhD At Michigan in biostatistics. And so he was asking me what I was doing, and I said, oh, I’m Majoring in math and a minor in biology. And, you know, just all of a sudden, the light went on, and he was saying, well, why don’t you think about biostatistics? And I’d never heard of it.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:08:18]:
And so I decided I would go to Ann Arbor and talk to a professor down there. It was in the School of Public Health, Very nice professor was telling me about the program. And one of the things that the fellow mentioned that, you know, when I was teaching in the water He he said, look. If you get accepted into this program, you won’t have to pay any tuition, that it’s all gonna be free. Because at the time, there were these US traineeships And, basically, for STEM kind of stuff. And virtually everybody in the school of public health was on one of these traineeships. And so, you know, I checked that out with the professor and he said, that’s true. And I thought, this is really great.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:08:58]:
And I mentioned this to one of my classmates In the math department, who was planning to go to Michigan Graduate School in computer studies to switch from math to computer, And I said, look at this program here. We can go and and have a free education. And she came along. When we both went into the program, She only stayed with it through the masters, and then there was a pharmaceutical company in Ann Arbor, and she basically Had a career there, and, she just, you know, recently retired and all that stuff. Going to the school of public health, the way that worked Was the master’s degree with 60 semester hours for a master’s. Now compare that to, say, the math program, which was 24. 24 versus 60, but the 60 is free. The reason it was 60 was because they expose you to different areas of public health.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:09:51]:
So when you have an Miles per hour degree, it’s not merely what you’re concentrating on, but you have exposure to things like environmental health, Population planning, medical care organization, and so it was great. I I really enjoyed that extra component. And so At the end of the Miles per hour program, the money that I had for that traineeship dried up. And so I was looking to go on to the Rackham Graduate School for the PhD in biostat, and I was fortunate enough to get a Rackham fellowship. And so I was able to just sort of continue on Being supported, now it’s not federal support, but from the university itself. And at some point, in taking my courses getting more advanced in biostat, I decided to take a class in survey sampling, and that, all of a sudden, really excited me, and the teacher was world famous. He was just the go to person. If you want hands on training to be a career have a career in survey sampling, this kind of thing.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:10:59]:
And he was an idea generator. He was a professor of sociology. He was not so analytical. And so as I got at the dissertation level, I had 2 advisers. He was my chief adviser, but I had to have someone from the biostat department to be like a colead on my dissertation committee. And this other person was very strong analytically because, actually, my dissertation very much had a lot of math in it. If you just flip through the page, you say, oh my god. Look at all this math.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:11:31]:
But some of that is rooted in my training at the University of Michigan Flint with some extra training in graduate school, and then I got to a point where I was able to I never could’ve predicted it from, you know, when I was younger Doing all this math. So this advisor was opening my eyes up. He was very global. He was actually from Hungary, born in Hungary, And he had a global approach to everything, and he had this program for foreign statisticians. And so he said, it’d be good for me to join in on that. And so all of a sudden, I’m getting excited about cross cultural issues and

Dr. Christopher Lewis [00:12:11]:
Now you’ve had a varied career, one that has taken you all over the place allowed you to research many different things. Can you tell me a little bit about that career and where it’s led you over the years?

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:12:22]:
You know, when I was growing up, I basically didn’t go anywhere. I went to the lake, and we did our water skiing and all this kind of stuff. Even though, like, I was Very close to Canada. Never even went there as a child. I mean, it would have been an hour and a half or whatever to get to Canada. We never went there. And so I came to realize at some point that I really needed to expand my horizons in terms of All those kinds of stuff. So I’m working at the population level.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:12:52]:
That that’s what my training was. I was connected with the Institute For Social Research in Ann Arbor And then how I got my job, my 1st job at MIA, was a chance thing. I was at 1, a major statistical meeting, And I met one of the persons who had graduated from the BioStat program a couple years ahead of me. I I knew who he was, and he knew me. And, we got together and he said, the NIH Neurology Institute is looking for somebody like you. I mean, this was a new information for me. I was somewhat interested in NIH anyway because a number of very famous statisticians were there. And I thought, gosh.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:13:34]:
If these people are having a career there, it must be satisfying for them. And so I Check that out too. And sure enough, they were looking for somebody like me, and so I applied for a job there. And, essentially, I was hired as a survey statistician, but I was functioning in the area of epidemiology, neuroepidemiology. We were studying major neurological conditions sometimes in the United States, but sometimes abroad. So My first project was in rural Mississippi, which was the contrast to me, you know, northern urban background all of a sudden In rural Mississippi, it was a bit of a culture shock, but that was another thing. It just took me away from what I knew As a child, when all of a sudden, I’m exploring new things, and within 2 years of being in the Neurology Institute, I was part of a team where we were official guests of the government of Egypt. And so I had a chance to go to Egypt.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:14:37]:
We were there to advise a stroke study. We visited some hospitals and everything, and we were wondering why they wanna do a stroke study because we were seeing so much malnutrition, and we thought they should really maybe focus on something else. And it turned out that they really didn’t wanna do a Stroke study, what they wanted was an advanced scanner for brains. At the time, this was a CT scan. And today, that sounds kind of old fashioned, but in the 19 seventies, that was kinda like state of the art kind of stuff. And one of the team members actually arranged for the government of Egypt to acquire a scanner that they put in one of their their prestigious hospitals and all of that. So at some point, I’m sitting in a hotel in Luxor, Egypt, sitting out or in India. It’s like a Portier out front facing the Nile River, and boats are going down the river.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:15:32]:
And across the river is the valley of the kings and the valley of the Queens, and I’m thinking, my god. How far have I come from those days of just going to the lake? That was my 1st foreign trip to go to Egypt. But I’ve had in the course of the years, I’ve had projects in China, Spain, Italy, Argentina, Guam, so all these opportunities for travel. And part of it goes back to my at the Institute For Social Research were all these cultural things. And to me, it was just exciting. And then at some point, I decided to switched from actually doing the hands on work research to the funding side, the funding of grants related to the very thing that I was doing. So I had all these years of expertise, and now I would advise other people Who wanna do projects either in the United States or abroad even to be funded through the National Institute on Aging, and so that’s what I do now. My focus is on Alzheimer’s, and my family has a lot of dementia in the family.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:16:46]:
And so here it is. I have an opportunity to do battle with the disease that’s Doing in my family and many other families, Alzheimer’s is a major public health problem in the United States worldwide as well. Today, we’re trying to study the disease in low and middle income countries as well as in the United States, and it’s all very exciting. And And I’ve been at this now for 20 years, and there’s been a lot of advances. We’ve got there’s more to be done. But comparing now Where you have all these biomarkers and things like that. They didn’t have that 20 years ago and they were always studying dementia in old people. And now they realize that the disease starts subclinically and may, you know, take many years to actually manifest.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:17:37]:
And so now this sort of a life course epidemiology where you think about exposures of children, exposures in midlife, And how that pertains to the risk of developing the condition in your more senior years. So it’s all very That’s fine to

Dr. Christopher Lewis [00:17:54]:
me. To get to where you are today, you also had people that helped you to get there. And I know that mentoring has been something that You have had throughout your career that has helped you to be able to become the person that you are today. How has mentoring helped you? And how do you feel that it led you to doing what you’re doing today?

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:18:20]:
I had mentors all along the way, Including after I came to NIH. In fact, you can imagine that my dissertation adviser was a continuing mentor after I left school. But the funny thing was that I developed a relationship with this very famous statistician who did quality control work. His name was w Edwards Deming, and, he’s a famous guy, and you can look up some of his stuff on YouTube. And the irony was that he used to mentor my dissertation adviser. So my dissertation adviser, his name was Leslie Kish, also a famous guy. He said, oh, why don’t you try to teach Deming something and complete the circle? I knew Deming for a few years, and I never found anything I could teach him actually. But mentorship was something that I valued all the way along the way, and I consider even that economics teacher in high school To be like an early mentor.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:19:16]:
And then doctor Caldwell at the University of Michigan Flint, who was the chairman of the math department, He followed my career all the way through the graduation from U of M Flint and beyond because he was curious to know how this was gonna play out. And then I got to the School of Public Health and took up a relationship with this guy who Was a demographer and was actually the chairman the chair of the department of biostat. And he had earlier in his Career, he had been one of the the people that shaped the Framingham study. If you’ve ever heard of that one, that was a major cardiovascular epidemiology study done in Framingham, Massachusetts, and that study is having its 75th anniversary this year. So it’s still going on after 75 years. And so he helped to put it on the footing of an epidemiology kind of study that was geographically based and all that kind of stuff. And then, of course, I met my dissertation adviser, who became sort of the next major mentor, and then Deming, Finally, when I got to Bethesda, so the mentors were just critical all the way along the way. And so many things I did Some decades ago, but probably the whole mentoring thing resonates today.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:20:37]:
It’s very, very important.

Dr. Christopher Lewis [00:20:39]:
I appreciate you sharing that. Now one of the things that you talked about, I think, about going from the University of Michigan Flint to then moving Moving to the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor to do your master’s and doctorate. When you make those transitions, You know, education’s different. The way that you are taught in your undergrad is different than the way that you’re taught in the master’s or the doctorate level and that the Expectations are a little bit different in what you have to do to be able to prepare yourself and to be able to make sure that you’re setting yourself Upright for success is a little bit different. So as you think back to that transition, that transition from undergraduate work to graduate work, you were able to find success In that transition, what did you have to do to be able to set yourself up for success, and what did you have to do to maintain that success throughout grad school?

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:21:29]:
Well, in some ways, I was kind of lucky in that at the University of Michigan Flint, it wasn’t a very big school, and and you can imagine in the math department way back when I was there in the in basically in the late 19 sixties and graduated in 1971 to be a math major. It was a small group. I mean, it was not a huge, Huge group. And so we all knew each other and everything. And then when I got to Ann Arbor for biostat, It also was not large. You picture these lecture halls with 200 students in there, and that’s not what I experienced Except when I was doing the peripheral public health training outside of Biostat, where I was with public health nurses, Other people majoring in epidemiology or medical care organization, population planning, all this kind of stuff. So I could find myself in a big group, and there I was lucky too. Like, for example, for medical care organization, The professor was considered to be one of the best professors in all of the University of Michigan, And he was my teacher.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:22:43]:
It was a larger group to be sure, but he was an incredible lecturer. Sure. I went into that thing. Oh, this is gonna be really boring, and he just brought it to life. It was very interesting. And and a lot of these other things We’re interesting too, like environmental health. We were having lectures on toilets around the world, you know, how how you can have a different kind of toilet system in a different place and all that. I didn’t see that that was critical to my career training, but but certainly was interest.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:23:13]:
So there was all this stuff going on That was interesting. And I have to say that one of the things in in the biostat training that I wondered about, Like, for example, if somebody’s doing a clinical trial or something like that where they’re testing the efficacy of a drug, given the way that people are chosen for these Clinical trials that they may be patients at a a medical center or something like that. How do you actually generalize? And so beyond those people that were actually in the study, and I found that to be a little unsatisfying how they did it because, basically, it was sort of Assuming. Well, if you find people like the ones that are in your trial, you can generalize to them. But when I got to take survey sample and realized that there actually is a statistical approach for drawing a sample and then making generalization to a larger Congratulations. That really excited me, and I thought, wow. This is kind of a solution. And so all of a sudden, I went from being Somewhat skeptical to being really excited, and that was for me.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:24:19]:
And my professor, Kish, he actually suggested my dissertation topic. It was a very broad suggestion, and he’d actually given the very same suggestion to some other students over the years. And so I decided I didn’t wanna know what they were doing because I didn’t want my thought process To be clouded by what they were doing. So I stayed away from them and did my own thing, and I generated Four peer reviewed papers from my doctoral thesis, and that didn’t even include anything like a literature review or anything like that. And some of the stuff was Very mathematical. And one of my first published paper was actually an appendix from my dissertation. Without adapting it too much, it sort of became My 1st paper, and it was a math paper, essentially. So I was pleased with that.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:25:11]:
And then the other ones were sort of a bit broader. And and sometimes My dissertation adviser would be a coauthor, but I think on that first one, I might have been all by myself. They just thought I should have at least 1 paper where I’m the only author. That dissertation adviser, he treated me like family. So I literally I mean, I would go over to his house and stuff, and I had a couple of daughters They were more or less my age, and one of them moved to Washington. And so when I moved to the Washington area, he would come out to visit his daughter, and and And he would get together with me too. I mean, not the 3 of us, but he would find time for me while he was out there with family, and then he also had Some business that he was doing there as well. But at the dissertation level, he’s so famous that he just showed up at the Census Bureau and said that he would like to have a A research contract to support me and also have some money for him, and they just said yes.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:26:06]:
So my Actual dissertation work beyond beyond the coursework was funded by this contract with the Census Bureau. And then when I got to Bethesda, They wanted me to come over to the Census Bureau to give a seminar on my dissertation, essentially, which they had helped to fund and you’re saying, and I did that, and I was happy to do it.

Dr. Christopher Lewis [00:26:26]:
Now you’ve given a lot of piece of advice today, a lot of things for people to think about in their own journey. As you think back To the the journey that you went on yourself and the journey that you went through, and you think about others that are coming along now that are thinking about graduate school. What are some tips that you might offer others considering graduate education that would help them define success?

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:26:49]:
I think they need to get comfortable with the graduate program would be a focus on something, and they might even have More than one possibility, and so they really need to come to a decision about which direction to take. And this is not something you you might do for a week. Thinking about it for a week, you got your whole undergraduate time to think about the next Yeah. And so that would be the first thing is to okay. What are you gonna do? And then of Michigan was great. I knew that it was attracting people from all over the world, actually, as Students. And so I never questioned my decision to go to Anheuser. It just was a natural thing.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:27:34]:
But I realized there are people who Alright. U of M Flint, it might not have grown up in Michigan even, and so they can have a completely different point of view. And they may need to Hone in. Okay. Having a topic area, but then which university might be best for their topic. And so they might need to get comfortable with looking at different universities and that kind of thing as well. But they really need to focus on And that’s a major decision. Right? Because all of a sudden, you’re you’re gonna go along a career path, and you wanna have success there.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:28:08]:
And not only success, but you Wanna be happy. You wanna be satisfied that you’re doing something that’s useful and something that’s important.

Dr. Christopher Lewis [00:28:16]:
Well, Dallas, I just wanna say thank you. Thank you for sharing Everything that you have shared, for sharing the journey that you went on and the amazing career that you’ve had, and I truly wish you all the best.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:28:27]:
Well, thank you. And I had an opportunity to visit the University of Michigan Flint earlier in the year, and it’s so different now than what it used to be. It used to be such a small place was 1 building, and I think they might have had at least 1 trailer. I don’t know whether they had more than 1, but I think the math department was actually in the trailer. So that was another But so now when I see the Murphy Science Building and all this other stuff, you know, Murphy was a professor for me. He was my zoology professor when I was a freshman, and it was a tragedy that by the end of my freshman year, he had died. I never understood what the cause of death was, but when I had him in that 1st semester, he seemed healthy enough. And then I Switched to the next thing was botany, zoology, botany, and then genetics, and so I was involved with the next chair of the department of biology.

Dr. Dallas Anderson [00:29:20]:
So I had connections there too. And so I was an assistant in both the biology department and the math department. And so all these things are possible. Well, thank you so much. And I’m absolutely convinced that the University of Michigan Flint with its emphasis on not only Training, but going the extra mile the faculty going the extra mile for the students is really something. And I was pleased to find out that this Continues today after decades.

Dr. Christopher Lewis [00:29:49]:
The University of Michigan Flint has a full array of masters and doctorate programs if you are interested in continuing here in education. Whether you’re looking for in person or online learning options, the University of Michigan Flint has programs that will meet your needs. For more information on any of our graduate programs, visit umflute.eduforward/graduateprograms To find out more. Thanks again for spending time with me as you prepare to be a victor in grad school. I look forward to speaking with you again soon as we embark together on your graduate school journey. If you have any questions or want to reach out, Email me at [email protected].