Our project to digitize the legacy collection of UM-Flint’s graduate theses and dissertations has come to its end.
Since our last update, 292 theses were deposited in Deep Blue in May. They were a mixture of legacy theses (dating from 1980 – 1995) and recent graduates’ work. We are currently in the final stages of record clean-up and author contacting.
Going forward we will continue to deposit newly authored works by our growing number of graduate students. We will also continue to track the number of Deep Blue downloads.
Deep Blue by the Numbers
Only the download data through April 2018 were available, the following numbers are based on that data.
- 452 theses have been added to Deep Blue from July 2015 to April 2018. (The May 2018 deposit brings the total number of digitized theses to 744).
- 292 of the 452 theses (65%) have been downloaded at least once.
- 46,081 downloads have occurred since July 2015.
- 208 of the 452 theses (46%) are designated as open access.
- 206 of the 208 openly accessible theses (99%) have been downloaded at least once.
- 244 of the 452 theses (54%) are only accessible on UM campuses.
- 86 of the 244 on campus theses (21%) have been downloaded at least once.
- 45,888 of the 46,081 total downloads (99.6%) were for the openly accessible theses.
- 193 of the 46,081 total downloads (0.4%) were for the theses only accessible on UM campuses.
Top 10 Downloaded Theses
If you have any questions about this project, please contact Liz Svoboda at email@example.com.