STUDY DAYS in the LIBRARY
— Thompson Library open Monday am to Thursday pm —
The Frances Willson Thompson Library will open at 8 am on Monday, April 18th and will remain open (24 hours per day) until midnight on Thursday, April 21st this spring (2016).
—> See below for complete schedule of hours.
Students needing to study for exams or work on that final paper are welcome to come and take advantage of these special extended hours for this week.
- Where to Go? Study Rooms and group areas will be available in the library for those that need to study together, while quiet areas will be strictly enforced for those that need peace and quiet to get that studying in and work on final papers before exams begin.
- Will it be safe in the Library? Department of Public Safety officers will be on hand to ensure the library will be a safe environment for those wishing to stay into the wee hours of the morning — or overnight!
- Need computers? ITS lab inside the library offers over 100 computers (including a few Macs) divided among all 3 floors. Additionally, ITS has 3 printer/copier machines (one on each floor) inside the library, all connected to the campus print queue.
- Recharge devices? There are many electrical outlets (including under each of the carrels along the edge of the room) for powering devices.
- Need a laptop? Thompson Library even has laptops available to checkout for use within the library. (Remember; student id cards — the UMID — also acts as your library card using the barcode on the back of your card.)
- Need to play videos or CDs? VHS and DVD players are available in each of the Study Rooms.
- Need headphones? Check out headphones using your UMID at the Circulation Desk (3rd floor near entrance to library).
- Need study space? Study Rooms can be reserved online (check the UM-Flint Thompson Library website) for study groups.
- Need help using Library? And as always, our librarians and staff will be here during the entire 88 hours and will be available to assist patrons with their research needs.
- FOOD?!! Again this spring, Student Government at The University of Michigan-Flint will be providing snacks from 9pm – 1am Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights in the 3rd floor library lobby.
- Will it be safe walking on campus? University of Michigan-Flint Department of Public Safety will provide escorts on request all around campus, all night, and will be keeping the UPAV lot and Skywalk open all night to further ensure student safety.
- Stressed? Thompson Library will have adult coloring books available again this spring, AND the therapy dogs will be visiting soon, too.
Contact Thompson Library for more information at:
Reference Desk: 810 / 762-3408
Circulation Desk: 810 / 762-3400
— HOURS for STUDY DAYS —
Beginning Monday, April 18th, Thompson Library will be open during the following hours:
Monday — Wednesday : Open at 8 am — Open 24 hours
Thursday (21st) – Close at midnight.
Friday (22nd): 8 am to 10 pm
Saturday (23rd): 10 am to 10 pm
Sunday (24th): 12 noon to 12 midnight
Monday (25th) — Wed (27th): 8 am to 2 am
Thursday (28th): 8 – midnight
Friday (29th): 8 am to 6 pm
Saturday (30th): CLOSED
Sunday (1st): CLOSED
Spring hours begin Monday, May 2, 2016
and run through the end of summer semester.
— SPRING HOURS —-
Monday – Thursday: 8 am to 10 pm
Friday: 8 am to 6 pm
Saturday: 12 noon to 6 pm
Sunday: 12 noon to 8 pm