Thompson Library is pleased to offer the database Web of Knowledge along with its subsidiary Web of Science .
A Thomson Reuters product, Web of Knowledge is one of today‘s premier research platforms to find, analyze, and share information in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities. It is designed to quickly find and analyze available research (past and present) in a specific field.
The All Databases search function allows you to search for records across multiple product databases. Search by Topic, Title, Author, and more.
Web of Knowledge includes the following product databases and citation indexes:
- Science Citation Index
- Social Science Citation Index
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Web of ScienceSM
- BIOSIS Citation IndexSM
- Chinese Science Citation DatabaseSM
- Data Citation IndexSM
- SciELO Citation Index
- Product Databases
- Biological Abstracts®
- BIOSIS Previews®
- Current Contents ConnectSM
- CABI: CAB Abstracts and Global Health®
- Derwent Innovations IndexSM
- Food Science & Technology AbstractsTM
- Zoological Records®
Many features in Web of Knowledge require you to become a registered user (free option).
Registering and using the sign-in option:
- Enables you to start your session in a specific database (rather than on the All Databases tab);
- Update your personal information (including username and password);
- Save searches that can be opened when you resume your research; set up search history alerts (“alerts” automatically searches the last update to the database
- Sends results to your e-mail); set up citation alerts to notify you by e-mail whenever an article on your Citation Alerts list has been cited by a new article; create and maintain frequently read journals list
- Add references to EndNote directly from Web of Science and other product databases.
- Citation Alerts — Set up search and citation alerts via email or RSS feeds to stay current on recently published research and see who is citing your work.
For each record on the list, you will find the following information:
- Times Cited number shows number of citing articles currently in the database for the particular record.
- Author / Title
- Each author and article title is linked to the Full Record of the work.
To set up an RSS feed:
- Click the RSS Feed button to go to a Web page that displays the name of the selected journal.
- Click the Subscribe to this feed link to open a dialog box and follow instructions.
Alerting is not available for the “All Databases” search as done in Web of Knowledge.