See more NEW database on Thompson Library website under link for NEW RESOURCES
New from Thompson Library!
… and more!
- AccessMedicine — Complete suite of clinical and educational content from leading books, including Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, 17th ED. Updated daily by world-renowned physicians and expanded continuously, AccessMedicine is designed for direct access to the information necessary for completing evaluations, diagnoses, case management decisions, conducting research, medical education, or self-assessment and board review. To access the mobile version, optimized for viewing on iPhones and other PDAs, register for a My AccessMedicine profile from any on-site computer. Once you have done so, you can log on to the site using your My AccessMedicine username and password. [Mobile-friendly URL: http://go.umflint.edu/am]
- Mergent Web Reports — Database of 180,000 corporate and industry related documents, including analyst equity reports on over 4,000 large and mid-cap US companies; annual reports, prospectuses, financial statements, and annual summaries on over 30,000 companies worldwide; and in-depth analyses of key industries in North America, Europe, and Asia/Pacific, which describe the market environment, industry landscape and key market trends for companies, industries, countries and regions. Industries include automotive, banking, insurance, oil and gas, information technology.
- Access NewspaperARCHIVE — Database of mainly English-language historical newspapers starting from 1607 and going to the present. The database consists of digital images of original newspaper pages scanned from microfilm, which have been processed with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology to permit searching by keyword. The quality of the scanned images, and hence the accuracy of the keyword searching, varies widely. The largest number of holdings is 1880-2010 and is mainly from the United States, Canada, England, and Ireland, although there are some newspapers from other countries in other languages.
- American Song — Provides streaming access to more than 120,000 audio tracks, including songs by and about American Indians, miners, immigrants, slaves, children, pioneers, and cowboys. Included in the database are the songs of Civil Rights, political campaigns, Prohibition, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, anti-war protests, and more. The range of genres includes country, folk, bluegrass, Western, old time, American Indian, blues, gospel, shape note singing, doo-wop, Motown, R&B, soul, funk, and others.
- Dance in Video — Dance productions and documentaries by the most influential performers and companies of the 20th century. Selections cover ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, experimental, and improvisational dance, as well as forerunners of the forms and the pioneers of modern concert dance. Included are classic performances from top ballet companies, experimental works from up-and-coming dance troupes, documentaries by and about leading choreographers, videos on dance training, and other items covering a wide range of 20th century dance styles.