This session will showcase the array of technology support available to UM-Flint faculty, staff, and students. After a brief overview, participants will have the opportunity to chat with representatives from the Information Technology Services Department (ITS) about any of the following areas:
- Data Information Management (DIM) – Provides the maintenance and administration of UM-Flint’s central administrative databases.
- Desktop Computer Services (DCS) – Performs the installation and maintenance of all desktop computers and printers on campus.
- Helpdesk – Provides support to faculty, staff, and students by phone and on a walk-in basis. They also route issues to the appropriate ITS Unit.
- Mediated Classroom Services (MCS) – Maintains classroom computer and audio/ visual equipment supporting students, faculty, and staff in the use of multimedia applications for the classroom.
- Network System Services (NSS) – Develops and maintains network and server infrastructure.
- Project Management (PM) – Manages multiple IT related projects across campus.
- Security Services – Provides and supports UM-Flint’s information technology security.
- Training – Provides group and one-on-one training for various software packages supported on campus (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc).
- Web Services – Provides support for web based applications.
ITS administrative staff will be available to address specific questions or concerns and direct you to the appropriate unit for more information.
Attendees will be entered into a drawing to win an iPad mini!
Registration is available online at go.umflint.edu/nerd or by phone (810) 237-6508.
Wednesday, February 4, 2015
11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Happenings Room, UCEN