ITS has completed patching SSL and replacing security certificates on all UM-Flint customer services. At this time ITS recommends that all Faculty, Staff, and Students change their UM-Flint LAN passwords. Please note that this DOES NOT apply to your UMICH (Kerberos) password at this time.
ITS is happy to report that over the last week we have been monitoring systems for abuse and we have not seen any unusual activity or account abuse related to Heartbleed. ITS will continue to scan the campus network and monitor systems for any problems or abuse. Thank you for your patience while we worked to secure our campus systems.
To Change your UM-Flint Passwords:
- Navigate to My UM-Flint in your browser
- To change your UM-Flint LAN password and click “Password Change”. Login here and click “Change Password” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- To change your Banner password and click “Banner”. Login here using your uniqname and Banner password. On the right side of the screen click “Change Banner Password” and follow the on-screen instructions.
For non-UM-Flint websites:
- Only change your passwords after you have confirmed that the site or service has installed a security update.
- Continue to monitor your sensitive online accounts (e.g., banking, email).
If you have any further questions please contact the ITS Helpdesk at email@example.com or 810-762-3123 opt. 1.
For further information on the Heartbleed vulnerability visit: http://heartbleed.com.
XKCD Webcomic recently published this Heartbleed explanation that we found helpful: