Dear Campus Community,
On Monday February 21st, the ITS department will begin the process of moving faculty, staff, and student mailboxes to Exchange 2010.
- Web Access 2010 can be used in any browser on any operating system with the exception of very few advanced options.
- Creating rules, spam filters, and folders are now easier than ever through web access.
- New To Students: Mac users will be able to connect to their mail using Outlook 2011.
- New To Students: Mail push option will be available for mobile devices such as Android phones and iPhones, iPads, iPod Touch’s, and many more.
- New To Students: Calendar and Contact syncing will now be available for students on mobile devices.
What does this mean for you?
- Access Changes: You may be unable to access your mail for a short period of time during this move.
- If you notice that you are unable to access your university email through mail.umflint.edu try going to https://email.umflint.edu and logging in. Once you are moved this will be where you will access your webmail from.
- You will be able to find a link the the new webmail location on https://www.umflint.edu in the quicklinks menu listed as Email (Alternate).
- Mobile Devices: Once your account has been moved you will need to reconfigure your mobile device for the new server (email.umflint.edu)
- Steps are available on the ITS Helpdesk website (https://www.umflint.edu/helpdesk) for some common mobile devices.
Please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 810-766-6804 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.