Donors helped Genevieve Rainey Participate in an Archaeological Dig

What’s Giving Blueday? It’s the University of Michigan’s special day of giving: a one-time-a-year opportunity for you to team-up with the global U-M family and share your love for all things maize and blue. Giving Blueday takes place on Dec. 3, 2019.

Generous donations to the CAS Opportunity Fund allows UM-Flint students like Genevieve Rainey to have impactful experiences that will resonate for years after graduation.

An Anthropology major, Genevieve received assistance from the CAS Opportunity Fund to attend archaeological field school in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Genevieve worked to excavate the Doane Family Homestead, a family of original settlers who separated from Plymouth Colony in 1644.

“Taking part in an archaeological field school was a great experience; it helped me to decide the particular field of archaeology I want to pursue, gave me hands-on training, and allowed me to meet some amazing new friends,” Genevieve says.

To help students like Genevieve take their learning outside of the classroom, consider giving to the CAS Opportunity Fund on December 3.