Congratulations to the following faculty, who were recently awarded grants from the Research and Creative Activity Committee:
• Jessica Kelts, Assistant Professor of Chemistry/Biochemistry, received $10,975 for her project The Effect of Media Changes and Cell Washing on Cellular Glutathione Content and Potency of Cytotoxic Compounds.
• Mark Allison, Associate Professor of Computer Science, received $14,487 for his project Autonomic Control of Cyber-Physical Systems using Domain-Specific Models.
• Mihai Burzo, Assistant Professor of Engineering, received $19,542 for his project Noninvasive Real Time Detection of Human Comfort for Increased Energy Savings in Building
• Seung-Jin Lee, Assistant Professor of Engineering and Earth and Resource Science, received $15,515 for his project Energy and Environmental Implications of Electric Vehicle Adoption: A Scenario-Based Life Cycle Assessment Study of the Future of Advanced Transportation in Michigan.
• Frank (Yu-Cheng) Liu, Assistant Professor of Engineering, received $17,282 for his project Investigation of Preferential Vaporization of Multi-Component Fuel Mixtures Using Mid-Infrared Absorption Techniques.
• Charlotte Tang, Assistant Professor of Computer Science, received $16,025 for her project Designing Technologies to Enhance Visitor Experiences at an Art Gallery.
Congratulations to the following faculty, who were recently awarded grants from the Dr. Ben Bryer Fund.
• Joe Sucic, Professor of Biology, received $ 8,162 for his project Environmental Stress as a Trigger for Metastasis in Breast Cancer Cells.
For more information on the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at UM-Flint, visit their website.