Greetings!

Erika TriggHey, guys!  My name is Erika Trigg and I was born and raised in Saginaw, MI. I’m a senior in the Honors Program majoring in Communication, and I’m super excited to be graduating in the spring (whoo Class of 2014!). I’ve had some of the most amazing experiences while being here at UM-Flint and I look forward to sharing my final year with you all!

This year will be my fourth year as an Orientation Leader, so if you’ve come in as a new student recently, you’ve probably seen my face, or maybe my hair. (That’s definitely my identifier on campus; you can’t miss the fro!) I absolutely love orientation, and working in Academic Advising is part of what’s driven me to pursue a career in Student Affairs (which basically means being at a college for the rest of my life.  Success!). It’s been great being able to help welcome in new students each year and I’m looking forward to the changes we’re bringing to campus. Heads up for any of you prospective students joining us in Fall 2014: we’re moving to a 2-day, overnight orientation next summer and it is going to be awesome!

Beyond the jobs that keep me busy on campus, I’ve also been involved in several clubs and committees. I’m excited to be back on the Campus Activities Board for my fourth and final year, this year as the Marketing Coordinator. I’m all about sharing events with you guys, whether they’re ours or any of the stupendous ones coming from the Department of Student Involvement & Leadership. If you’re not afraid to look, there is always something happening on campus, which has truly made my experience here at UM-Flint. Whether you want to volunteer, play a sport, perform, or just hang out with people who like the same things you do, I guarantee you’ll never be bored on campus.

As the year gets started, it also means that it’s time for me to start applying to graduate schools. I truly feel like I was just applying for undergrad yesterday (where did the time go?!). If anyone is out there getting ready to graduate and wondering what’s next, I’m with you! The thought of leaving UM-Flint seems absolutely crazy, yet exciting at the same time. I’m going to dread leaving this place that I call home, but I do look forward to what’s in store after graduation. I know that no matter where I go, I’ll always bleed maize and blue!

I’m looking forward to another great year sharing with you all, and as we kick off this first week of classes, I wish everyone good luck and the loudest GO BLUE!