Commit to Fit!

Our campus is joining other schools in the area in a challenge to be the most fit! We will be battling against Mott Community College and Baker College throughout the month of February. You can get entered to win awesome things just by participating!

Head over to the Commit 2 Fit! website and get registered – the challenge starts TOMORROW!

Commit to Fit

Now I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not at all athletically inclined. I’m the one who gets winded when I have to go up a flight of stairs on campus. For this challenge, the goal is to have 30 minutes of ANY activity; they just want you up and moving! My plan is to play Just Dance every day, because it’s super fun and just about the only time I really “work out.” (I have to trick myself by playing a game in order to exercise! Ha!)

We’re lucky enough to have access to our wonderful Recreation Center, so if you want to participate you will have all of that equipment and space available to you (you just have to be taking Winter classes and have your MCard when you walk in). Or you can go my route and find ways to be active at home. You track all of your activity online on the Commit 2 Fit website, and the college or university with the highest average minutes per participants will win the Commit to Fit! traveling trophy! Each person who reaches the 840-minute goal (that’s 30 minutes a day every day) is entered to win many prizes including gift cards and cash prizes up to $100!

On top of all that great stuff, you can be entered to win an iPad Mini, too! Every time you tweet during the challenge and use the hashtag #Commit2Fit you get entered to win. Don’t forget to include #umflint, too, so we can all watch each other’s progress.

I look forward to tackling this with all of you, so go and start being fit NOW! 🙂