Public Health & Health Sciences Blog

13147765_10209072351954186_2653336035979502732_o[1]
Jamie Cole is the Department of Public Health and Health Science Maize and Blue winner for winter 2016 and recently graduated with a B.S. in Health Sciences.

Jamie has always had a passion for learning and helping others and has demonstrated this throughout her academic career. She has been an active member of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, Flint area water collection efforts, provided assistance for hospice care patients, coordinated community events and food donations for Charity Tabernacle, took part in Department of Environmental Quality’s Invasive Species Group, community band boosters, and elderly outreach programs among many other efforts.

Jamie has also received the Department of Public Health and Health Sciences Outstanding Student Award, a Commitment to Service Award and is one of only 13 UM-Flint students who were selected to receive the prestigious Maize and Blue Award!

Jamie has managed a successful academic career and extensive service record all while being a wife, and mother of two children. As a United States Army Veteran, she serves as an inspiration and role model for other veteran’s at the University of Michigan-Flint.

“I will make giving back a large part of my life in the future, so as not to waste what has been given to me by UM-Flint”.

Moving forward, Jamie plans to attend medical school and spend a portion of her career working for Doctors without Borders providing medical attention to those who would otherwise not receive it.

“UM-Flint has been a blessing, the faculty and student body were always helpful, pushing me to do my very best. The entire experience I’ve had has been surreal. The university gave me the tools and help I needed to realize my true potential”.

We are so proud of Jamie. She has accomplished so much and we wish her the very best in her future pursuits.

Way to go Jamie!