UPDATE: As of this morning, 3/16/2015, it appears the ITS Helpdesk’s ticket system is back to normal. Thank you all for your patience in this matter.
The ITS Helpdesk is currently experiencing severe delays in both sending and receiving emails and ticket notifications through our ticketing system. If you require immediate assistance, please contact the ITS Helpdesk by phone at 810-762-3123 option 1, or stop in to either the 206 MSB or 3174 WSW locations. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
UPDATE 3/21/2014 9:45am:
Thank you very much for your patience while we completed this maintenance. As of now all drives listed below should be available again.
ITS needs to perform emergency maintenance on the university department drives this weekend. This maintenance requires that departmental drives be unavailable beginning at 6:00pm today, 3/20/2015. We do not have an exact time that the maintenance will finish but are hoping that it will be done sometime Saturday morning.
Drives affected include:
\\deptdrive\banner ( N: )
\\deptdrive\dept ( I: , O: )
\\deptdrive\ERS Student Data
\\deptdrive\PCpub ( L: )
Please close any files you have open before 6:00pm to avoid corrupting your data. This includes Microsoft Office Documents and Databases, SQL Databases, and other files. If you will need access to any files from the drives listed above please copy the files to an external drive prior to 6pm this afternoon.
ITS apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause. We will send a follow up email upon completion of the maintenance.
Update: The ITS Computer labs are now functioning normally. If you experience any further issues of this nature please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 810-762-3123 option 1. Thank you all for your patience in this matter.
If you are utilizing one of the ITS computer labs tonight please save often.
ITS is currently experiencing a problem with the computers in most of the open labs. The 206 MSB lab is unaffected. When using computers in the other labs students should save often as the desktops will occasionally restart unexpectedly. ITS technicians are working to resolve the problem and all computers should be back to normal tomorrow, Tuesday March 11th.
The Riverfront 2nd floor computer lab will be unavailable tonight from 12 (midnight) till 1am while we resolve this problem.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Update: As of 1pm the email system appears to have returned to normal.
ITS is currently experiencing delays in our email systems. Technicians are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible but users may notice emails taking some time to arrive. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Update: As of 7am this morning, the phones are now operating normally.
Maintenance is currently being performed on the phone system utilized by the ITS Helpdesk. Due to this the ITS Helpdesk is currently unable to answer phone calls. If you require immediate assistance please leave a detailed voicemail at our normal number of 810-762-3123 opt. 1, and your call will be returned. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
ITS is looking to fill a student position in our Mediated Classroom Services (MCS) unit.
MCS provides support for classrooms and computer labs across campus. Duties include support for mediated and computer equipment in person and over the phone, delivery of mobile equipment to scheduled appointments, management of classroom seating, management of MCS resource inventories, and assisting with projects and events as needed.
All applicants must be currently registered students at the University of Michigan – Flint campus and must be able to work at least 10 hours per week. Those interested may work up to 25 hours per week.
If you are interested in this position, or know someone who is, please direct them to the following site for further information: http://umjobs.org/job_detail/105344/mediated_classroom_services_temp
As the Winter semester has gotten into full swing, we’d like to take this time to remind new students who are having trouble logging into PEERRS or MyLINC of steps we have created to help get access to those resources.
Be sure to double check that you are signing in with your UMICH password.
The UMICH Password is *NOT* the same password you use to access BlackBoard, UMFlint email or SIS.
To Change/Create a UMICH Password Through SIS:
– Login to SIS (sis.umflint.edu), click Personal Information.
– Click My Campus Computer Account.
– Click Change Ann Arbor (UMICH password) Password.
– Click Create Temporary Password.
– This can take a couple of minutes to process.
– Write down the password provided including all special characters at the beginning or end of the password.
– Click Ann Arbor’s Password Change Page.
– At the prompt enter your uniqname and current UMICH password (the new one that you just generated) and then click the Log In
– Click the link Change Your UMICH Password.
– In the Current Password field, enter your current UMICH password (the one you created and wrote down).
– In the New Password field, enter a new password.
– Retype the new password in the Retype New Password field
– Click Submit. If you enter an acceptable new password the same twice, the password will be changed.
– Once you have successfully changed your password, you will be asked leave a hint to help you remember your password and to select a challenge option. Enter your hint, your challenge question and answer then click Save and Continue.
– After you have successfully completed this, click Logout.
Still can’t log in after using your UMICH password?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
– That you are a UM-Flint Student
– Your UMID number
– Your Uniqname
– What you are trying to access
Banner maintenance is scheduled for tonight Monday January 12th, 7:00-7:30 pm to work on the intermittent issues users have been experiencing.
The following services will be unavailable during this time:
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.